Prep + Cook Time50 Minutes
- 36 g FAt
- 21 g Sat. FAt
- 53 g CArbs
- 0 g Fiber
- 4 g sugars
- 38 g proteins
1 Lb. Forester Farmer’s Market Chicken Breast, thinly sliced
4 1/2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 Ea. Small Yellow Onion, med dice
2 1/2 Cups Risotto Rice
1/2 Cup White Wine
1 tsp. Saffron Threads, crumbled (optional)
4 1/4 Cups Chicken Stock, hot
1 Cup Heavy Cream, room temp
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
White pepper, as needed
Heat 4 Tbsp butter in a deep sauce pan over medium heat
– Add the chicken & onion, cook, stirring frequently. Until golden brown approx. 8 minutes
– Add the rice, mix to coat in the butter.
– Cook, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes or until the grains are translucent.
– Add the wine, cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute or until reduced
– Mix the Saffron with 1/4 cup of the hot stock
– Add the liquid to the rice, cook, stirring constantly until absorbed
– Gradually add the remaining hot stock a ladle at a time.
– Add more stock as the rice absorbs each addition
– Add the heavy cream
– Cook, stirring for approx 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is creamy
– Remove from the heat and add the remaining butter.
– Mix well, stir in the Parmesan until it melts
– Season with salt and white pepper to taste
– Serve immediately on warmed plates