Prep + Cook Time 50 Minutes
- 36 g Fat
- 21 g Sat. Fat
- 53 g Carbs
- 0 g Fiber
- 4 g Sugars
- 38 g Proteins
- 1 Lb. Forester Farmer’s Market Chicken Breast, thinly sliced
- 4 1/2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Ea. Small Yellow Onion, med dice
- 2 1/2 Cups Risotto Rice
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1 tsp. Saffron Threads, crumbled (optional)
- 4 1/4 Cups Chicken Stock, hot
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream, room temp
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt, pinch
- White pepper, as needed
- Heat 4 Tbsp butter in a deep sauce pan over medium heat
- Add the chicken & onion, cook, stirring frequently. Until golden brown approx. 8 minutes
- Add the rice, mix to coat in the butter.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes or until the grains are translucent.
- Add the wine, cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute or until reduced
- Mix the Saffron with 1/4 cup of the hot stock
- Add the liquid to the rice, cook, stirring constantly until absorbed
- Gradually add the remaining hot stock a ladle at a time.
- Add more stock as the rice absorbs each addition
- Add the heavy cream
- Cook, stirring for approx 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is creamy
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining butter.
- Mix well, stir in the Parmesan until it melts
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste
- Serve immediately on warmed plates