Chicken Parmesan Soup
Prep + Cook Time30 Minutes
- 22 g Fat
- 8 g Sat. Fat
- 14 g Carbs
- 0 g Fiber
- 10 g Sugars
- 52 g Proteins
- 4 Forester Farmer’s Market Chicken Breast cut in to 1″ pieces
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can diced Italian tomatoes (28 ounces)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add it to the pot and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the garlic, onion and red pepper flakes to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the onions are tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stock, water and reserved chicken back to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, and simmer until lightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chopped basil just before serving.
- Serve the soup topped with a sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano.
Garlic Bread or Breadsticks pair well with this soup