Chicken Flambé with Irish Whiskey and Cream
Prep + Cook TimeMinutes
- 28 g Fat
- 13 g Sat. Fat
- 34 g Carbs
- 2 g Fiber
- 2 g Sugars
- 60 g Proteins
4 boneless, skinless Forester Farmer’s Market® chicken breasts
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper (freshly)
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 onions (medium, chopped)
2 cloves garlic (very finely chopped)
8 oz. white button mushrooms (sliced)
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp. cayenne
2/3 cup Irish whiskey
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp. lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1/3 cup parsley (chopped)
Egg noodles (Buttered, or long grain rice)
- Place the breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, gently pound them to a uniform thickness of 1/2-inch.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper & spread on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour on both sides.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan, add the chicken and cook just until golden, 2-1/2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce the heat on the pan to medium and add the onion and garlic. Sauté stirring often, until the onion is translucent, 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until any liquid the mushrooms give off has evaporated.
- Add the Worcestershire and cayenne and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the pan and remove it from the heat. Pour the whiskey over top, return to the heat.
- Stand back and ignite. (optional) If you prefer not to flambé, just let the whiskey cook off on its own.
- As soon as the flames subside, stir in the cream. Turn the chicken pieces several times to coat with the sauce. Finish with the chopped parsley and lemon juice.
- To serve, plate a portion of egg noodles or rice, top with 2 pieces of chicken and spoon mushrooms and sauce over the top. Garnish with additional parsley if desired.