Chicken & Sausage Pasta Skillet
Prep + Cook Time30 Minutes
- 25 g FAt
- 10 g Sat. FAt
- 60 g CArbs
- 4 g Fiber
- 5 g sugars
- 51 g proteins
4 ea. Forester Farmer’s Market® boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1″x 1″ pieces.
1/2 Lb. Smoked or Spicy Sausage Sliced on a Bias (45° angle cut)
1/4 tsp. Ground Cayenne Pepper
2 Medium Red & Green Bell Peppers, Med chop
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
3 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Lb. of Penne Pasta (prepared to box directions)
- Season chicken with cayenne pepper and, if desired, salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat & cook chicken for approx. 5 minutes. Add the sliced sausage, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until chicken and sausage are thoroughly cooked. Remove and set aside.
- In same skillet, over medium heat additional 1 tablespoon oil
- Cook red peppers, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until almost tender. Add the heavy cream, chicken and sausage, and cook until cream has reduced by half.
- Stir in Mozzarella cheese, add pasta and toss. Garnish with grated Parmesan and serve.