Prep + Cook Time40 Minutes
- 16 g FAt
- 5 g Sat. FAt
- 16 g CArbs
- 3 g Fiber
- 6 g sugars
- 107 g proteins
3 Forester Farmer’s Market® Chicken breasts cut into 1″ pieces
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
3 Ea. Fresh Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Ea. small Yellow Onion – finely diced
1 tsp. Salt & Pepper, divided
12 oz. Fresh Mushrooms, stems removed & sliced
1 tsp. fresh Thyme
1 tsp. Fresh Oregano
2 cans fire roasted Tomatoes
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
⅔ cup sun dried tomatoes (not in oil) roughly chopped
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1. In a large skillet with deep sides, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat until starting to shimmer; add the chicken and brown the outside, turning once–about 3 minutes or so per side.
2. Reduce heat to medium, transfer the chicken to a plate for a few minutes.
3. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and the mushrooms, stir until sautéed and slightly brown–about 5 minutes or so. Add ¼ teaspoon of the salt and ½ the pepper and stir well. Transfer to the plate with the chicken.
4. In the skillet, add the onion and cook until softened and translucent–about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook one minute.
5. Add the tomatoes, beans, sun dried tomatoes, herbs, sugar and remaining salt and pepper.
6. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and add the chicken and mushrooms back into the pan.
7. Simmer on low to blend the flavors and cook the chicken through–about 20 minutes