Stewed Chicken with Andouille
Prep + Cook Time30 Minutes
- 19 g FAt
- 4 g Sat. FAt
- 26 g CArbs
- 4 g Fiber
- 1 g sugars
- 53 g proteins
6 Forester Farmer’s Market® skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
1 Tsp. Kosher salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 link Andouille sausage (about 3 ounces), chopped
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 10 -ounce package frozen whole baby okra, thawed
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut each chicken thigh into quarters (or 1 1/2-inch pieces, if large). Season with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add the chicken in a single layer and cook undisturbed until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown all over, about 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth and potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the okra and cook, covered, until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through, 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and cilantro.